Saturday, March 8, 2008

Sweet relief

I had my first beer in nearly a week last night. I've been laid up at home since Monday, recovering from some minor surgery, and didn't want to consume while popping pain meds. It was also my first chance to get away from the house, so the Mrs. and I headed for dinner at the Vault, on Jacksonville's downtown square. A pint of Sweetwater 420 was just the tonic I needed to start feeling normal again (I'd asked for a Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan, but they were out. 420's fine by me).

I hadn't been by the Vault in a while. My last time there they were still serving all their draft in 12-ounce mugs or over-sized weizen glasses. I'm happy to see they've added proper pints (well, the 16-ounce variety anyway) to the menu. The manager tells me an expansion is in the works, with plans for many more taps to further their commitment to craft beer. I'm glad to raise a glass to that!