Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Keep your eye on the bill

The fella I couldn't identify below (I allied him to the railroad and then retail industry below, probably incorrectly), wound up offering an amendment to HB196 that would prohibit low-cost, high-alcohol beer from being sold. He was worried about it getting into the hands of teenagers. I would counter that it's already illegal for teens to buy alcohol, and that no additional laws are needed to keep it from them.

Still, his amendment may have been accepted. Hard to tell right now. Keep your eyes on HB196 to see what it says in the end.

EDIT: I may have spoken too soon. Looks like the bill may not have gotten any changes. Here's a link to the roll-call vote so you can see how your rep cast his ballot. I'm disappointed to see that Jacksonville's Lea Fite voted "no."