Thursday, January 10, 2008

The wait is over

We told you here on the blog that Mississippi's Lazy Magnolia Brewing was putting its Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale into bottles for the first time in December. Well, a shipment made its way to Birmingham the week of Christmas. I ventured out to the Whole Foods grocery there on Saturday, and finally picked up my first six pack.

The packaging is nice, with a simple, classy label and two Southern "characters" featured on the carrier - the guitar-strumming dude you see pictured here, and a buxom blonde caught mid-laugh on the other side.

As for the beer, it's a bit sweeter than I recall from the taps and Party Pigs I've sampled before. Still, it's full-bodied, nicely nutty and very tasty. I look forward to finding it on shelves closer than an hour away, and to tasting more of Lazy Mag's brews from bottles.